11. Flashcards are useful to review family words. You can start using only a few cards not the whole set, introduce more as you see progress.
Preschool Activity 1: Place the flashcards around the room
Teacher: sister. Point to sister.
Children look around and point to the family member. Repeat with more family members.
Preschool Activity 2: Place the number 1 to 9 on the board and a family member next or above each number.
Teacher: Number two.
Students: Mom. ( Continue until all the numbers have been called out)
Students: Number six.
Name a family member and instruct that students to step forward and spin or turn around in place.
Teacher: baby! Where´s baby ? Turn around , baby!
12. Puppets: Make some puppets with the family members. Dramatic play helps with learning new words and expressions, while enhancing the skills of listening and speaking. Make puppets part of your routine.
get the puppets and more at my Teachers Pay Store for FREE!!! Limited Time Only.
Puppet activity 1:
Have the class greet the puppets:
Teacher: (showing the dad puppet)Hello , students!
Class: hello, dad!!
Repeat with all the other family members.
Puppet activity 2:
Teacher: (Point to daddy). Who´s he ?
Students: He´s daddy.
Puppet activity 3:
Hold up a family member puppet.
Teacher: Is this mother ? Students have to nod or shake their heads or hold up the yes or no puppets. (available on my TPT store)
Students:if the answer is YES, have them wave and greet the family member.
3. Puzzle: Cut the family members cards into 4 pieces. Show one piece to the class and have them guess the family member. Place on the board. Have the children come up to the front to put the puzzle together, or have them do it on their tables.
4. Family Shapes. There are 2 versions for this game.
a- The family members are in each shape. Have the children say which family member is in each shape. Name a family member and have them say which shape that person is in.
I created a flannel board out of an old file folder, by pasting felt directly to the file. I also glued some velcro on each shape.
b- Blank shapes and separate family members. Place the shapes on the board. Have the children place a family member where you say.
Teacher: Grandpa is in the circle.
Baby brother is in the oval.
Baby Girl is in the rectangle.
Get them and more at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store for FREE!! Limited Time.
7. Animal family: I ran across these animal families and made them as into matching cards.
9. Family Domino: paste your domino onto old files or scraps of old cardboard. Give them free play time with the dominos.
10. Family Halves Game: give students all the halves and have them sort the people by family members. Also, give each student a half and have them get together by finding a partner with another half. Then, have them get together by family members.
11. Family Album: have the students cut and paste family pictures in each space. Then can also draw each family member.