As part of the pets theme, I prepared these dog activities. All these activities are from http://www.makinglearningfun.com/
1. Sight Words Necklace: I found this idea at: http://www.makinglearningfun.com/. I used a dog template as provided at the site. I punched two holes at thedog and laced a shoe lace through the holes and tied to make a necklace. I made the children read all the words.
It´s a great idea that they take home the necklace to practice. You can use the words provided at the site or make your own.
2. File Folder Games: I love these games.I got them at http://www.makinglearningfun.com/. I did mine to practice color word recognition. Use colored file folders.
3. Math games: From the same webiste I got the idea. Use your pompoms, they are great for almost all the themes.
Another math idea, this time for addition, using clothespin:
4. Visual Discrimination Activity: I saw this cute activity, I used felt circles, but you can make them out of fun foam, or use pompoms.
5. My kid´s teacher did Clifford, I loved it.
6. Masks:I bought these lovely masks, they are made of sponge and so good for role-play.
I will continue with more animal ideas. Please post some dog theme pictures at my Facebook group: ESL/EFL Preschool Teachers. If you are from Venezuela or Bolivia, you will receive a badge from me.